Friday, April 24, 2015

Animation Outtakes


 Hellooooooooooo viewers! How Has you week been? Mine has been super stressful. I have 3 huge school things that I'm balancing and man is it hard; a bird designing project in science (which is fun yet very still very hard), our big math & english tests the SBAC (click the link to find out what it is), and this animation project in GT. I have to say the animation projects every year are definitely my favorite and the one we did last year was really cool! I hope you like this post!




First off I have to talk about my amazing teammates. Really, I got the worlds best. There's Eden, Shaday, and Tim. Eden loves books (like me :) and has really contributed to the project with her creative ideas. Shaday is really cool and has a guinea pig named George! She is also very good at editing. Tim was in my GT class last year but this is our first time working together in a group. He was born in Switzerland (Cool right?) and plays soccer. He is also is a great cameraman.

Like I said this project is based around animation. For those of you who don't know about the different types of animation, I'll explain some of them. With my project, our team is using Stop Motion animation, Stykz animation, and Whiteboard animation. Stop Motion animation is when you stitch a bunch of photos together that move so fast it appears to be video. That is what they did in old movies and films. Stykz is an animation program and is my favorite form of animating. Whiteboard animation is Stop Motion, but instead of taking pictures of people, you take pictures of the changing drawings on the whiteboard. A GIF animation or a (.gif) file is a animation file that is compatible to most programs and devices. It repeats over and over.

With our project, our team tells the story of how Eden (our main character) finds friendship. Kasiah (me) is a new kid in Edens class. Eden is assigned to work with her on their new project but she thinks Kasiah is weird. Long story short, Eden learns the importance of not judging a book by it's cover and they become friends. I think that this is a really important topic because bullying is such a huge problem. Many of us have been bullied in our lifetime (believe me when I say I've had my fair share of dummies thinking they were too good for everyone pick on me) and I've seen it do nasty things to people. Bullies try to get a reaction out of you and make you feel bad about yourself to boost them selves up. Truly they are just people who have gone through something that made them that way. I really think we did a good job communicating our point and I am proud of what we did :).


 Well I hoped you liked this post and I'll post the next one very soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment