Thursday, April 30, 2015

Our Animation Story


NuqneH everyone! If you don't know, nuqneH is greetings in Klingon ^.^ (or "What do you want?" because that is the nicest hello they have) #totalfangirl. Anyway this post is again about this year's animation project. On my team are EdenShaday, and Tim. We are coming along pretty well and I think we are going to finish with a great video. In this post I will explain some of the things we have encountered as a team; hope you like it!

Me working on a scene in Stykz :)

So our focus statement for this project is "Eden Finds Friendship". For the project we were supposed to tell a teammate's story and we did ours about the new kid (me) getting judged immediately by whats on the outside by our main character (Eden). For more about my ideas on that subject here. Anyway Eden learns that stereotypes and assumptions about people are bad when some aliens reject her the same way she did to Kasiah in a dream. She then befriends Kasiah and they finish their project (just FYI huge plot twist at the end; you'll have to watch to find out ;).

Shaday editing our video w/ her fabu editing skills! Thanks Shaday!

I think that our project communicates the message about how judging someone (or something for that matter) before you get to know them is really bad. I know that I have been judged like that in the past and trust me when I say it does not feel good. In our video Eden jumps to a false conclusion about Kasiah and then understands that she was wrong for doing so. I am really proud of our final product and am happy in what we represent :).

Eden working to make our production plan perfect! Keep writing those amazing ideas!

I am really lucky to have the teammates I have working with me! I don't think I could have done it without any of them. They all worked really hard on this project and collaborating with them was really great. But, every dream team does have it's challenging spots. When we were working to get our Rough Cut in on time, we ended up going over the time limit and working during the other team's critiques (we did watch there animations and respect their time though). That was very difficult. One of our best moments as a team was turning the Final Project into the server folder and earning an extra credit point for turning it in early; that was really special. I have done this class for two years and have never turned in a project early (until now), and much less feel this confident with my work!

I hoped you liked this video and post! I would love to hear you comments on what you liked or how we could of made it better; feedback is really important!
-Logging Out ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment