Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Music Video FINALE

HELLO TO THE COOLEST PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET! That's right. The absolute coolest. But not to cool for school. Stay in school folks. Anyway this is my final post as a Kapa'a Middle School GT student... If you are starting to cry, stop that nonsense right now. I'm still going to (occasionally) use this blog. However I'm thinking of changing the URL... is that even possible? I don't know. We end school on May 26th and I am really excited for high school (and the freedom that comes with it). However, next year we won't have any honors/ advanced classes which is a bummer. But those will be back in 10th grade, so it's not the worst thing in the world. I'm kind of sad to leave this place though... I've met so many great, inspiring teachers here that have pushed me to try harder and chase my dreams :) so thank y'all. Also I've discovered a very interesting thing about Maddie, she wants to "raise" (she meant grow but said raise) potatoes when she's older. She also wants to raise cows and cats and live in Idaho. And unlike she said on her blog, I don't want to farm humans (she twisted my words and turned it into an inside joke), nor am I a compulsive liar. Anyway... I hope you enjoy the rest of this post!

Behind The Scenes #1!
So as you can probably tell from the title of this post, it's that very special time of year again. The time of year in which we make MUSIC VIDEOS! Yaaaaaaaay! Last year, Maddie, Julie, and I made a music video to Shake It Off by the wonderful Taylor Swift. It was really fun, and if you'd like to check it out, click the link right >here<. This year I have an amazing team comprised of Alani, Makena, Emma, like always, Maddie the Monkey, and myself. We are doing the song Young Gospel which is mashup between Young Volcanoes by Fall Out Boy and This Is Gospel by Panic! At The Disco, both of which are some of my very favorite bands. Our story line, or story lines for that matter, are similar to each other in the fact that we are all sort of looking back and remembering hard times, but the actual events are different. The lyrics of the song match up to the differing story lines as they play, for example: Emma is thinking about broken memories and breaks a picture frame with the pieces flying everywhere.

Behind The Scenes #2!
For our music videos, one of the requirements was fast-edit montage sequences. We included quite a few, but my very favorite is right in the beginning. We cut between all of our faces in different locations really quickly, on beat with the music, and it gives our opening a great effect. Our editors (Emma, Alani, and Maddie the Monkey) did a great job with the video, and we're all really proud of how it turned out. Makena and I worked on the Photoshop music video official posters for our "band", Fall Out @ The Disco :)

We all worked really hard on our music video, as it is our last ever GT project and our last chance to demonstrate what we have learned over the past three years. I think that the careful planning that went into every aspect of our video really shows through in our final product. Makena is an amazing videographer (and I mean it when I say amazing, thanks Makena!) and her artistic ability shown in every shot, as well as Emma, Alani, and Maddie's great editing skills. I know what you're thinking, "Well what in the world did you do Kasiah?!" I did help, I swear. Like I said before, I worked on the Photoshop posters and helped with the planning/ story line. I also acted in it, along with my other wonderful team members. This music video is probably my favorite one so far and I'm really excited for y'all to see it!





Here is some of the lyrics if you couldn't hear the video:

This is gospel for the fallen ones
Locked away in permanent slumber
Assembling their philosophies
From pieces of broken memories

Oh, this is the beat of my heart, this is the beat of my heart [2x]
Their gnashing teeth and criminal tongues conspire against the oddsBut they haven’t seen the best of us yet

If you love me let me go
If you love me let me go
‘Cause these words are knives and often leave scars
The fear of falling apart
And truth be told, I never was yours
The fear, the fear of falling apart
Oh, this is the beat of my heart, this is the beat of my heart [2x]

This is gospel for the vagabonds,
Confessing their apostasies
Led away by imperfect impostors
Oh, this is the beat of my heart, this is the beat of my heart

Oh, this is the beat of my heart, this is the beat of my heart
Don’t try to sleep through the end of the world
And bury me alive
'Cause I won’t give up without a fight

If you love me let me go
If you love me let me go
‘Cause these words are knives and often leave scars
The fear of falling apart

And truth be told, I never was yours (and then the music fades out)

Our Score!
The Overall Rankings!



Behind The Scenes #3!




I hope every one of you astounding people enjoyed this post or at least our music video bloopers (if you didn't, I'm very sorry for wasting 5 minutes of your life) and I will post again in the future. Like it was sung in the amazing movie The Sound Of Music, "So long, farewell, Auf Weidersehen, goodbye..." and have a great time until we meet again (or connect via the inter-webs for that matter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment