Friday, May 29, 2015

Music Videos Rock!

Hey my people! This post is a continuation of the last post Lyrical Livelihood and is all about our current project... *pause for dramatic effect*... MUSIC VIDEOS! Last year my team and I had so much fun and since it is our final project of the year (OMG we are going to be 8th graders!!!) we really get to showcase everything we have learned.



On my team I have two amazing teammates, Maddie and Julie. We all equally contributed in this project and really played to our strengths. Maddie is the team leader and did most of the editing, Julie is good with cameras and filmed almost all of our footage, and I played the main character and designed our band poster. We all appear on camera at different points in the video. Most of all, we had lots of fun as a team.


Me and Maddie. Spock Nation!


I think the part of our music video that the audience will enjoy most is when Kasiah shakes off the sign the bullies put on her back. Throughout the entire video the audience watches her grow as a person by shaking off the haters and dancing to the beat of her own drum and I think that that is really important. Also, you can never go wrong with bloopers. We added in a bloopers section at the very end and what happens behind the scenes is almost as funny as my horrid dance moves (:P). I know how much I enjoy watching other peoples bloopers and I hope you guys get an extra laugh out of that!


All of the crew!


I think our music video really shows off the techniques we learned this year. Our editing is very good, (Thank you for working so hard Maddie!) we used creative shot types and sequencing, and for our band poster I really got to show of my skills in Photoshop. I love working in Photoshop and I got to play around and I found some new things I never knew existed! We worked really hard to complete the video and I think it turned out great.


Our band poster!


I hope you all liked this post because it will be last one I will be posting as a 7th grader!!! Yes, next year I go on to become a 8th grader and wear the green shirt as a symbol of it. Yay! Now don't get worried, I will post over the summer and I hope to get my Ireland post up... A whole year later and I can't believe I haven't posted it yet! Anyway have a great summer or as the hipster people say "H.A.G.S." and I will type to you all later. BYYYYYYYYYE! In case any of you watch the gamer you tuber Stampy Cat, that was a reference to his usual log-off (:D) Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment