Saturday, January 16, 2016

2016 Aspirations

Bonjour aux meilleurs lecteurs jamais! Hello to the best readers ever! HAPPY NEW YEAR! Oh my gosh. It's 2016. How did that happen?! Last year just flew by. I am really excited for this year though! I have a bunch of really cool things that I am looking forward to and I just have a feeling that this year is going to be a great one.

Well this year I came up with 5 New Year's Resolutions that I am determined to attain for 2016:
  • Learn a new language. My mom (that link is the blog post about a project I did in my 6th grade year about her time in the Peace Corps) and I are aiming to learn French this year (well, both my mom and dad went to Senegal when they were in the Peace Corps and learned French so she would just be touching up) which explains why I opened up this blog post in French.
  • Eat better. I know that this one is really generic and a lot of people say it, but really I eat too much junk food.
  • Advocate for myself. I think that it is very important to stand up for yourself and take the initiative to achieve your goal. This year I want to really start believing in myself and take charge of my life.
  • Go running more often. I really like to run with my mom whether it's at the gym or on a path outside so I'm going to try and get out more.
  • Play more music. I love to play the ukulele (just not in front others...) but I haven't done it in a while and it's such a great stress reliever.
Out of all my resolutions this year I would have to say the the one that is most important to me is to advocate for myself. The reason for that is I feel that it's just really important to make things happen for yourself and never settling for anything especially if you know there are ways you can change the situation for the better. You should never let someone tell you that you can't do something because that is never true. There is always a way around it or more possibilities somewhere because you control who you are and what you can do.

The steps I am going to take to achieve my goal of advocating for myself this year are really going to be making opportunities for myself and not relying on others. If I find my own path and push as hard as I can to succeed, I will reach my goals. I will stop taking "No" for an answer. I just really want to be more proactive and push myself harder.

This is my #kmsgt_flower daily photo challenge pic!

This is my #kmsgt_tree daily photo challenge pic!

This is my #kmsgt_sky daily photo challenge pic!

Well I hope you all liked this post and I will be sure to write to you again soon. Bye bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment