Friday, January 29, 2016

Hockney Style Joiners

Hello my beautiful Earthlings (and possibly beyond...)! How is your day? How was your weekend? I hope they were both wonderful. I am doing pretty good, especially because I just got an amazing Slytherin House cardigan from Hop Topic. Hot Topic is my favorite store. What is your favorite store? If it is Hot Topic then you are awesome. Even if it's not Hot Topic, you're still awesome :). Okay I'll stop boring you now and actually get on with the actual post. So for our next project we are going to be making photomontages. We actually did this project in 6th grade and I did a post about it :D. I love photography so I am really excited to be doing it again.

David Hockney is a English artist who is known for his paintings and photography. He was one of the first people to make photomontages (or "Joiners") and he is the artist we are studying for this assignment. Of course, my photomontages are not as good as David Hockney's, but I think the main difference between ours is that in many of his, he takes shots from different perspectives to capture the movement of his subject(s) while he takes the pictures that will make up the collage later. He is such and amazing artist! I try to capture photos from different angles and arrange them in a intriguing way when putting them into the final collage later.

My school photomontage!

Images can send send both positive and negative messages depending on the way they're taken. I feel like generally brighter or more vibrant pictures give off a more positive aura. Ones that maybe have dull colors or are darker give off a more gloomy feeling. Another thing I feel that factors in is obviously what they are taken of. Shots that are taken of things that are positive usually have a subject that is happy like a dog in a park or a flower in bloom. Photos that give the viewer a negative emotion like rain falling over a window.

My final photomontage!

Well for my final photomontage I took pictures of the science dictionary I keep next to me on my desk at home because of how much I love science. It is my passion. I especially love physics, so I took a close up of its definition to work into the image. All my pictures are taken from interesting angles so the when I join them together they will look cool. I hope to communicate my love for science and learning in an interesting way and inspires others to feel the same way in my finished product.

I hope you all liked this post and I will type to you soon!

PS:
I am finally posting my 2014 Ireland Trip post sometime this week! I feel so awful that it has taken this long. You have no idea. But it will be up! I promise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment