Thursday, October 29, 2015

Cracking the Code

Hello my fabulous viewers! I just got back from my fall break (well it actually ended two weeks ago, but that doesn't matter :) and I am doing great. Over my fall break I was at UC San Diego getting medical treatment and was unable post any blog things so apologize that this is late.

While I was gone the last week our GT classes worked on Computer Coding. Fortunately all of the activities were over the internet so I was able to participate. I definitely think that everyone who has the opportunity to learn code should do it. It is a really good skill to have especially because our world is now so dependent upon computers and technology. Also computer programmers tend to get generally higher pay when they go into their fields after college because of how in demand they are.
Level 20 of the first coding activity!

This is actually not the first time I have done coding. Last year in my science class we did coding practice with the same program and it was really fun. I caught on fairly quickly and was really excited about code. So when I found out we were doing coding in here, I was very happy :) This time around I was a little rusty, but I still enjoyed it.

My Flappy Bird Game (or my Flappy  SPACESHIP Game!)
If I was going to design an app or program, I would design one that could scan the bar code of foods in the store and tell you with commonly used words (and not the fancy scientific words that most people don't understand) what you're eating and the different ingredients inside the food. It could be helpful for people who really have to be careful with what they eat and who are on diets. I would make sure that all the information used in the app was reliable as well.
My Certificate of Completion!

Well I hope you all enjoyed reading this post and I will be sure to post again soon! BYE :)

No comments:

Post a Comment