Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Composition Scavenger Hunt

Greetings fellow Earthlings (and others...)! For the past couple of weeks I have been gone for medical reasons so this project is not one I have done but I am still going to write about it because I think it was cool :) This assignment was all about constructing a video that showed and explained the different shot types and composition techniques. We actually did this same project in my first year of GT (Can you believe it has already been three years?!)

My first video... ever. Here for your enjoyment and my complete humiliation.



Did you have fun watching that? I know; it was so fabulous. That was sarcasm (^.^). Anyway, here is my actual post!

Well since I was gone during the whole project I am going to try to answer and explain everything based off the first time I did this in 6th grade and the knowledge I have accumulated over the years :) I think the most important composition technique is definitely the Rule Of Thirds because there are very few circumstances that you don't use it. It's one of those things that you are always suppose to make sure you have within your shot and you can put other composition techniques on top of. If you are using the Rule Of Thirds, usually it is to give look room for the subject. Also it looks more pleasing to the viewer's eyes when they are watching the video.

I think out of all the composition techniques, Leading Lines is one of the more difficult to shoot. One of the reasons is that you have to line everything up really well if you want to make it look good. When it is executed properly, it looks really nice. I think that I could use it more in filming by focusing on finding good areas to film the shot in that give my team and I the opportunity have lines from the environment around us lead the audience's eyes to our subject. Using Leading Lines is really important because if you have multiple things going on in a shot, you can use the lines to direct the audiences attention where you want it to go.

Leading Lines Shot
Well, for this last paragraph we are supposed to talk about our team members and how we worked together, but I wasn't here and had no team so I am going to end it here. Sorry this was such a short post, I promise the next one will be longer. Until next time my fabulous friends!

Maddie's Team Video!



Preston's Team Video!



Love you all :) BYE BYE.

No comments:

Post a Comment