Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Personal Manifesto

Guess who's back?

Hint #1 - She loves her viewers very much.
Hint #2 - She is now  an 8th grader (Oh my gosh!!!)
Hint #3 - She has run out of ideas for hints.

IT'S ME! Hey everybody! Welcome to my blog! If you are new to my website then this is my school/personal blog where I share information about what I'm doing in my GT class and in my life. For those of you who are regulars or have visited my blog before, thank you for coming back! This is my first post of the 2015 - 2016 school year! Our first project of the year is to create a motivational poster. I am really excited that we are working in Photoshop for our first project because it is something I really using. Anyway I hope you enjoy reading my first post! Here it is...

Five interesting/unique facts about me are:

  • I have a coloboma in my left eye. A coloboma, as google puts it, is "A congenital malformation of the eye causing defects in the lens, iris, or retina." In my case, it looks like my pupil drags down to the bottom of my iris.
  • Once me and my mom were traveling in LA and they accidentally put us in the Priority Access line. Mitchel Musso was standing in front of us and Nicki Minaj was behind us! I FREAKED out!
  • I love to travel. I have been to 17 different states, Mexico, and Ireland.
  • I am named after my great-great-great-great (that's right, four greats :) grandmother Kisiah who was full blooded Cherokee Indian. When my parents named me they changed the spelling from Kisiah to Kasiah because they thought it would be easier to say... yet almost everyone pronounces my name wrong ;P
  • I am related to the Clanton family, the bad cattle rustler guys from the famous western gunfight at the OK Corral in Tombstone, Arizona.
For our motivational posters, we are writing a personal manifesto. I worked really hard on mine and have tried to include things that really inspire me.

Always strive to be great.
Nothing is ever as simple as it seems.
Pay attention to every last detail.
You only live once so make it count.
Everything happens for a reason.
Focus.
Work to the best of your ability.
Don't ever let someone tell you you're not good enough.
You are good enough.
Giving up is never an option.

I think that my manifesto can apply to the lives of other people because it can make a good impact. When wrote it, I tried to make it inspiring and relative to everybody. Sometimes when I am having a difficult day or something is getting me down, positive words and language can make me happy and I hope my manifesto can do a similar thing for someone who needs it.

For this project we had to also take pictures of personal symbols/ things that represent us and these are the three I have...

This is my first symbol: a bookshelf. I feel it represents me because like me it is full of different stories and ideas.
This photo of a chessboard represents me because I have many different pieces and sides.

I think this picture represents me because like the pencil, I have potential to do amazing things and am hard working.


There has always been one quote that really gives me confidence and determination,
"...the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." in Walt Whitman's poem O Me! O Life! It says how you can make your mark in history and change the world. Sometimes I struggle with my self confidence, but this quote always lifts me up.

 Anyways, thank you all for reading and I will post again soon.


PS: Okay, so I know that I am a lame person that it's been a whole year and I still haven't publish my 2014 summer post but trust me I am working on it and I am SUPER sorry (:/). I hope to post it sometime in the next month or so.

With much love,
Kasiah the Eighth Grader :)

No comments:

Post a Comment