Monday, January 26, 2015

Movie Trailer Critique

Hey people of earth! How was your winter? Did you do anything fun? I hope it was great! I had a lot of fun over my school break. We did a nice amount of traveling and got to see a lot of family! Anyway, this post isn't about my personal life but about our last project, making an original Movie Trailer! The last post describes the poster we made for this trailer and all that fun stuff. Our trailer was "The Great Chicken Heist" and we had a lot of fun making it. It's about a rich society dame (me haha) who is robbed of her prized possession in her own home (the robber is played by Arianna). As you can can probably tell from the title our video got critiqued by the rest of our class. I'll tell you all about that stuff but first here's the final product:


P5T7 The Great Chicken Heist from Kapaa Middle School MEDIA on Vimeo.


The project was to make an original movie trailer and poster to go along with it (here is my post about the poster :). We had a team of four people; Maddie, Talia, Arianna, and myself. Together we made a Trailer Plan document so we could stay on track. We all worked on different sections, and the section I focused on was writing the scenes. I especially like writing the dialogue! This is our trailer plan:
As all projects do, this one had a set of requirements to achieve. There were 4 major rules in which to follow, and all of them were extremely important. Our video had to be between 1 minute and 30 seconds and 2 minutes and 30 seconds, we needed at least 5 scenes, we needed our final favorite movie poster, and we needed a voice acting script. We completed all of the requirements with 5 scenes, plenty of dialogue, our movie poster, and a whopping 1 minute and 35 seconds! I think the reason we were able to complete all of our requirements was because we worked really hard. We all had different opinions, so that led to some bumps in the road. But we pulled through and I think our final product was pretty cool!

Best Overall Movie Trailer

Team 1    0    0%
Team 2    3    11%
Team 3    10  37%
Team 4    0    0%
Team 5    3    11%
Team 6    0    0%
Team 7    7    26%
Team 8    4    15%


Requirements [Team 7 Evaluation]


Room for Improvement   0    0%
Satisfactory                       12  44%
Above & Beyond!             15  56%





Creativity [Team 7 Evaluation]


Room for Improvement   0    0%
Satisfactory                       6    22%
Above & Beyond!             21  78%




Audience [Team 7 Evaluation]

Room for Improvement   3    11%
Satisfactory                       19  70%
Above & Beyond!             5    19%




So those are our critique results and I'm pretty sure they're the best we've ever had! I do think we could have improved in the audience category, but we did very well in the other portions. During this project I learned how to work in a group environment and compromise to make everyone happy. I know how difficult all of those things can be and I now know that having flexibility is key. I also had a lot of fun on this project too.

Thank you for reading my blog! And sorry to anyone who's waiting for my Ireland post, I am being a complete lamo. It's next year and I haven't posted it yet!!! I really hope to post it soon but I am currently hanging onto a cliff's edge with my school work (#toomuchstress). Bye for now world!

1 comment: