Friday, February 7, 2014

Practice Story Reflection

From Left: Talia, Preston, Maddie shooting B-Roll.
In my 3 period GT class, my group and I made an interview video in the program Final Cut Pro. I was the one that was being interviewed. Maddie Hoesel did the editing in final cut pro, Talia Washington worked on the video's transcript, and Preston Hayden did the narration layovers. Our group consisted of only 6th graders, so it was challenging because we haven't really gotten used to using such advanced programs. Our video was about me doing gymnastics, so in our B-Roll I did some gymnastics on our school field.

We had a lot of challenges in this project. One of our challenges was getting our video transcript done in Google Drive, and also getting in our voice layovers for narration in the actual video. On the last day our team member Talia was out sick, so that was another challenge. We had trouble getting in our video on time. Unfortunately we did not do so well on the project but thank goodness it was just for practice.

In our group, we are all good friends and I realized its harder to work in a group of friends, because you are afraid to give feedback. There was a lot of stress in all of us and we didn't handle it so well. In the next project we do, I think that because of this experience we will work better as a team now we know each other's strengths and weaknesses. I am definitely going to work harder to be more flexible working in a group environment. Although the project was very challenging, I am looking forward to doing the graded one.

For the actual project, me and my partners are going to interview my mom, Katie. The topic of the project is to capture "Words of Wisdom" from a person who inspires you. We are interviewing her about the time she volunteered in Africa for the Peace Corps with my dad, Jason. This incorporates the theme because she's going to share what motivated her to help the people of Africa. Our B-Roll will be of her doing things to help the environment.




No comments:

Post a Comment