Friday, March 11, 2016

.MOV Film Festival



Hellooooo Internet! Okay so I know that I told y'all that I'd be posting my Ireland blog post in a week like three weeks ago. I know, I know, I am such a bad blogger. So sorry for the delay but it will be posted soon. I wrote some more of it a couple of days ago and I realized that that was 6th grade me writing that and it kind of blown my mind a little. Anyway, I promise that it will up soon, and this time I am determined to keep that promise. But this post isn't about my Ireland trip, it's about are new .MOV Film Festival Project. Enjoy!

Maddie editing!

For this project, we had to make a video that would either tell a story or make the audience laugh. We chose to tell a story about a dystopian world where an evil tyrant (Preston) stole all the color for himself. He then proceeded to bribe people into doing his bidding in exchange for colors. However, there is one girl (myself) in the kingdom who can see color! She hides from the tyrant out of fear, but soon realizes she must stand up and free the color so everyone can see. If you want to watch it, the video is ^right^up^there^.

Preston editing!


Our storyboard!
Every good video needs keywords to describe and guide the story. The keywords my team and I chose are as follows: Unfair, Dystopia, Color, Bravery, and Tyranny. We really focused on the hero's journey and the courage she has to take on the tyrant. We took a while to put together our keywords so that they really communicated the message of our video to our audience which in my opinion is that you should never let anything stand in the way of letting you do the right thing.


Our video's message, like explained in the last paragraph, is that you should never let anything get in the way of doing the right thing. Our heroine works hard to take down the tyrant and doesn't let her fear and intimidation get in the way of saving everyone else in the kingdom. She also learns that it's okay to trust other people and that working as a team can be better than working alone. She teams up with a secret group of people who have stolen some of the color and are working to give it to everyone. I think that our main character changes into a better person by realizing that working for the greater good is more important than everything
 else.
Our script!

Maddie and Preston editing!
I think the biggest challenge my team faced was probably the filming process. We took a long time in getting our first couple of shots, mainly because we couldn't agree on how to shoot them. Because of that, we ended up having a nearly dead battery in the middle of our filming and started to freak out. We did everything we could to keep the battery going, like trying to get everything perfect in one shot and turning the camera off between scenes. In our final scene, there was about 25 seconds left on the battery, and we made it just in time.

Well, it was fun typing to y'all and I will be back soon with another (hopefully) interesting post about my life and/or GT. Farewell my friends, I'll type to you soon :)





No comments:

Post a Comment